Music Banter - View Single Post - The average lifespan of an underground artist today
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 11:38 AM   #29 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Yeh but the majority of his fan base back then was black people and I'm sure a lot of them would love to see a 80s throwback show of songs from their first few albums. I'd love to see him and Jazz play their old stuff. It's just people like you who don't know much about his rap career that pigeon hole him into the Fresh Prince persona.
I'm sure people who grew up in the eighties love Will Smith for his music, but they also don't generally spend money on albums or concerts the way that young kids do. Whenever I hear about throwback artists going on tour, the crowd tends to be disproportionately young. If older artists want to keep going, then they need to take in younger fans, cause their original fanbase will age out of their music fan phase.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote