Music Banter - View Single Post - The YorkeDaddy Rec Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 11:50 AM   #20 (permalink)
YorkeDaddy
silky smooth

lol well I randomly picked an album and Frownland's came up anyway, so I guess the first person gets the first review still :P

Jesus the Carpenter - Impressions

1. Radio Symphony: The entire track is filled with wild, deep static-y sounds in the background and I feel like there are a ton of little details in here that I'm not able to pick out. The track is surprisingly dynamic throughout with the changes being subtle but noticeable in the grand scheme of things. There's a really great use of various samples like laughtracks and radio noises. There are some parts I enjoy more than others, for instance there's some high feedback sound for a bit that I don't enjoy and never have. Overall I like the track but the length is a bit excessive at over 37 minutes

2. Impressions: Nice piano improvisation here. Way different from the first track, I really like the contrast. There's a sort of over-arching melody that I can piece together that's quite beautiful. Your frantic playing keeps it interesting and you never know what note you might hit next.

3. Reflections: Now some guitar improvisation. Interesting how the album moves from a mostly electronic collage of sound into piano into guitar for the final track. Just a really cool track here, not much else to comment on.

Verdict: Pretty nice effort from Frownland, although you could have so easily cut out 10 minutes and it would be something I could see myself going through more often. I definitely enjoyed it but there are some parts that didn't work for me and I would've liked more variety.

Final score: Like: 7/10

9-Time Winner of MusicBanter's "Most Qualified to be a Moderator" Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
On this one your voice is kind of weird but really intense and awesome
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote