Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 10:32 AM   #204 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Recently uninstalled from Steam

I'm sure i'm not the only person that gets this way. You'll look at your large library of games and you'll find few or many that just don't fit into what you are interested in anymore. I recently just went through my Steam library and cut it in half to better suit my interest. I'll share with you the game I decided to uninstall and a little bit as to why:

Amnesia: The Dark Descent / A Machine For Pigs - I already beat both of these games so I see no reason to keep them in my library and take up space on my hard drive.
Among The Sleep - Unfortunately, this game was nowhere near as good as I was hoping it would be, and I tried multiple times, and it still didn't do anything for me. Bad purchase on my part.
The Ball - It was fun for a while, but nothing spectacular or worth playing more of.
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - I got this because I thought it be more fun to play on PC. It isn't.
Braid - I bought this because it was on sale, I played about an hour, got bored, and decided I didn't like it.
Brutal Legend - Same thing as Braid, played about an hour, found out it got boring and repetitive really quick.
Farming Simulator 15 - Why the **** did I buy this?
Five Nights at Freddy's - My interest in this game has gone from kind of liking it, to pretty much none. It's a great first game in the series, but I wish they had just stuck with this one and left the series alone.
Grand Theft Auto IV - Love this game, but I don't play it much anymore, so no reason to have it take space on my hard drive.
Ori and the Blind Forest - This is possibly the most disappointing purchase i've had in the last year or so, due to it being full of bugs and glitches that practically made it unplayable. Plus, I had put 4 hours into it, and it decided to delete my save on it's own. I don't feel like playing through it again and deal with the frustrating of bugs and glitches, unless they fix said bugs and glitches.
Risk of Rain - Played about 10 minutes, and hated it. Instant uninstall.
Silence of the Sleep - Genuinely a great game, but I got bored of it quick as I was playing this at a time where I wasn't too interested in playing other games. Once my interest got going again through other games, this one kind of fell on the back burner. I'd like to return to it again one day, but no time soon unfortunately.

While doing this, I also noticed how much money I wasted on games that I really only played a little bit of, and I decided to hold back a little bit on some purchases to get back into some games that I really want to try to finish. Plus, maybe it's just me, but there really hasn't been very many great games on sale through Steam lately. I'm hoping to see a change in that soon.
Sad to hear you didn't like Risk of Rain. That is one of my favorite platform roguelikes from recent memory.

I think going forward you should take advantage of the new refund system implemented by Steam, or wait for Humble Bundle sales and the like.

As for a reason to keep Amnesia: The Dark Descent installed, there are custom scenarios you can download and play through. This one was my favorite

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-great-work