Music Banter - View Single Post - curious how many peep's feel like you are the only one
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 12:17 PM   #56 (permalink)
Boogalu
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
Okay I was taking you too seriously, sorry bout that. I'll prolly end up liking you

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
dunno why but at first i read that as i'll probably end up killing you
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Hey, same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadChannel View Post
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaDagger View Post
I havent read all the responses so i hope dont repeat anything thats already been said...

Have you ever read "Green Eggs and Ham" by Dr Seuss? you sound a lot like the character who refuses to give new music a try, either "on a train or in the rain, in a house or with a mouse...."

I had your back on your introductory thread, so i wont repeat myself, but the whole premise of THIS thread, whether half-joking or not, comes off as very closeminded. Yes, vintage rock is (generally speaking) a great genre IMO (and at the very least a pioneering part of music evolution/history), but you might be surprised at how much of a vintage twist some of the newer stuff has... If you made a thread requesting recommendations for songs meeting that criterion, you'd probably get some interesting and mind-opening replies to temper all the smartass ones.

Just sayin
thank you for your feedback. Please check out a thread I made titled "* covers *" It is so good and I would love for you to participate in it. It's located in the "General Music" subtopic forum.

I'm trying to be open minded but when I hear music that hurts my ears it's hard to continue. It's like someone taking a knife and pushing it against your skin just enough to irritate without penetrating. I do give new music a chance but I'm quick to hit the stop button if I do not like it. I did compliment a member here for posting a song that I could tolerate but that was it.

Thank you for the great ideas. I will entertain them soon.
Boogalu is offline   Reply With Quote