Music Banter - View Single Post - curious how many peep's feel like you are the only one
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 02:36 PM   #57 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogalu View Post

I'm trying to be open minded but when I hear music that hurts my ears it's hard to continue. It's like someone taking a knife and pushing it against your skin just enough to irritate without penetrating. I do give new music a chance but I'm quick to hit the stop button if I do not like it. I did compliment a member here for posting a song that I could tolerate but that was it.

Thank you for the great ideas. I will entertain them soon.
Matter of interest, when you say "new music" do you mean created after a certain date, or just new to you? And what genres/subgenres do you/would you consider not worth listening to? TBH you sound a lot like me when I arrived here over four years ago, but I've been encouraged to evolve just a little. Opening your mind to music you haven't heard before can be challenging, even scary: some you may hate, some you may shrug and say meh, but I think it's worth it for the few bands or artistes you end up finding out about and liking, which you would not have before.