Music Banter - View Single Post - curious how many peep's feel like you are the only one
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 08:20 PM   #97 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
My last word on it. I apologise if I came across as snappy to you. I intend to be snappy, but not to you personally; you were just the straw you know? Envisage someone constantly poking at you telling you you should do something that you have quietly and politely, then more forcefully, told them you do not want to do, are not interested in, have no intention of getting involved in. But they won't listen. They keep prodding and pushing you, laughing at you and making assumptions against your character, nudging each other and winking. Wouldn't you crack at some point?

I've cracked, which is why I now intend to ignore (following this explanation post) all references to both these items. I'm annoyed that certain members (not you) keep pushing and pushing and needling me about it. They probably don't realise (or care) how pissed off I am at being almost forced to do this and constantly harangued and hassled, but I am. I'm really pissed off.

So rather than fight with anyone, and cause further drama, I'm taking this stance. Again, sorry if you took the brunt but I was just about to boil over when you walked into the kitchen. Sorry man.

The rest of you, take note and just leave this alone okay? Okay.
There are a few bands and artists I really don't like. And if I say I don't like them the one thing I noticed is that someone will come by who likes that junk will start "proselytizing" their taste on me. I think it's just human nature to do that. However even I know that people do that doesn't make it any less unwelcomed. On the flip side of the same coin is severe criticism. (I've seen some of my favorite bands like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, ELP, Asia, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, and Stevie Ray Vaughn, get a thrashing.) It's "like what I like, but I don't have to like that you like." So it seems like a double standard to me. That helps me to brush off those people who think I should get into the band they like - but I don't like - cause I know they won't even bother to like what I like. So I haven't been bothered by that too much -- knock on wood. I think it's best to put it in perspective and it will less of a annoyance to you.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote