Music Banter - View Single Post - My Musical Heritage: I was born in XXXX....
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 09:11 PM   #60 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?

I was born in 1992 and spent my childhood listening to my mom's music- mostly 90s pop, r&b, and alt-rock. A family friend introduced me to David Bowie and The Beatles, didn't care much for The Beatles and still don't really. As a teen I got really into 70s/80s goth and post-punk... so much Joy Division, Bauhaus, The Cure, The Smiths... Found my way to 80s/90s emo, indie, alt-rock, and hardcore through Nirvana and reading about Kurt Cobain's favorite bands and educating myself after feeling alienated by the then-popular commercialized emo/pop-punk vans warped tour crowd that was huge in the Bay Area. I stopped caring about music for a while, started getting into trendier bands through Pitchfork. Hated the crowds at those shows, stopped caring about them. Went through a regressive phase and listened to a lot of ****ty juvenile but fun punk bands. Now I'm kinda lost. Music has always been a big part of my identity but I haven't found much of a place for myself in any sort of current scene. I just listen to whatever I happen to find.
And still people want me dead
~msc
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote