Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Album Survivor [1st Wave Black Metal Division]
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 10:11 PM   #1306 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicLePanther View Post
Batty. Please replace Images and Words with Metropolis Pt. 2, or at least explain why you won't. I'm not spamming, just trying to get you to notice me.
Because I try not to go by personal preference. Images and Words is generally regarded as their best and one of the best prog metal albums of all time, so that's why it's there. If I had my way, Dream Theater wouldn't come anywhere near my thread, cause they're awful **** and should be arrested for crimes against music.

**** Dream Theater. **** them up their stupid asses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
Versus an album that conjures up a mythical desert world where a group of priests smoke bongs and embark on an epic spritual journey into desert sands? It’s one of the greatest metaphors of Eastern mysticism EVER, in the history of the world.

Yeah, no. Candlemass has got nothing on Dopesmoker.
With enough volume I enjoy Dopesmoker, but I certainly don't think of it as atmospheric. If the cover didn't have sci-fi bedouins then that would probably never have occurred to you. It just sounds droney and psychedelic.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote