Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 10:21 PM   #207 (permalink)
Key

In case you haven't heard, the CEO of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata, passed away. It's rather unfortunate that i'm having to make a post about this since I just wrote a tribute post to Christopher Lee. But, I still feel it's necessary to at least make sure I talk about it.

I suppose there really isn't much to say other than the fact that there's now a hole in the world of gaming with such a genius mind gone. To some people, Nintendo isn't exactly on their radar at all, especially since most people have either moved onto Microsoft or Sony, but I've always had a humongous soft spot for Nintendo and I still support them no matter what. If it weren't for this company, I would have never been introduced to the magic of Pokemon games and the like. The Wii U is also one of my favorite game systems, mostly because it's easy to use and i'm not hugely into the other systems, being a PC gamer and all. That being said, there's so much to Nintendo that people don't give them credit for. Nothing short of consistently amazing games. I don't think there's really been a time where I haven't played a game by Nintendo and hated it, maybe i've lost interest in some of the games I have, but i've never really truly hated a game that they've released.

Anyway, I want to keep this short as I really don't have many words to say about it other than it's a tough loss to the world of gaming, and I hope Satoru realizes the wonderful mark he left on the world.

Rest well.