Music Banter - View Single Post - The Spam Thread: Channel Your Need to Spam Here Only
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 01:39 PM   #5338 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
In all seriousness, I'm not sure why so many scientists make so many seemingly arbitrary decisions on what is and what is not a planet. If Titan, which is actually bigger than Mercury, is considered a moon, then I don't see why Pluto can't be a planet.
actually i think they stripped pluto of its planet rights to make the distinction a little less arbitrary, since they discovered a bunch of other "planets" beyond pluto that i guess they considered too insignificant to include with the original 8. and at some point they do have to make arbitrary distinctions. otherwise we might not even have words like planet. like someone could call every asteroid in the asteroid belt a planet. or they could say anyone over 300 pounds is a planet. without arbitrary distinctions in classification you simply have anarchy.

what i want to know is what makes scientists so arrogant as to think they can tell us **** like dark matter exists. we ask them where's your proof? and they just say "well... our calculations don't work unless we factor in this ambiguous **** called dark matter that we can't see or detect, but we know it's there cause otherwise all our models of reality are wrong"

it's like hey buddy i don't want to hear about your math problems. kind of sounds to me like you need to get your stuff together and then come back to me when you get it all figured out ok? until then i don't want to hear any more of this dark matter nonsense.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote