Music Banter - View Single Post - I Want To Talk About The Touchy Subject Of Race
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 06:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
E5I5O
Account Disabled

Quote:
sir your beard indicates to me that you are part of isis
Not Isil, but, yeah - it's grown quite a bit. I want to get it to ZZ Top status. Not really a ZZ Top fan but I like letting my beard grow.

Quote:
When you are telling a story to your friends about someone who isn't white do you always feel the need to point out their race? I feel this is a kind of sub-conscious racism that a lot people do, and it's not even offensive
You're right. people don't even realize it's racist, but it is.

I'm racist, but not in a bad way. I just feel you can learn a lot about people through race. I'm not afraid of the subject. I don't feel it's ever beneficial to a person to be afraid or sensitive about anything. Sure, you can use diplomacy and discretion when need be, but if you're a good person and genuinely try hard to do the right, then why should you be afraid of or sensitive to anything? Don't let somebody else's negativite feelings create negative feelings in you - you're doing yourself a great disservice if you do so. It's called being insecure, and that's not good.

I feel that focusing on race too much though, whether it be not hiring someone or not selling them a house because you don't want those people in your work place or neighborhood, or wanting to meet the criteria of what you feel is racial balance in the work place or college is also racism (affirmative action) - those people you select are called tokens. And that also is not a good thing.
E5I5O is offline   Reply With Quote