Music Banter - View Single Post - I Want To Talk About The Touchy Subject Of Race
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 08:01 PM   #29 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
I try not to but it happens. Mostly when the fact that he's black makes the story better. My ex boss is black and if I'm telling a story about his reaction I'll mention his race because face it, black people are funnier than white people.

Elaborate.
well.. i think your definition of racism is basically inaccurate

you are only including one part of racism in your definition, which is actively seeking to undermine the rights of another race

racism can be strictly ideological

and it can be strictly based on stereotyping

imo anyway... based on the way the word is actually defined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by google/god
racĀ·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm/Submit
noun
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
so you need not be hostile towards the other race to be racist. or even treat them differently. you only need to believe that they have some inferior quality to your own race, such as if you think asians are inherently bad drivers... that's by definition a racist belief regardless of how you treat them

to be fair i'll say that you are right though that just guessing that using statistics to guess the race of a person isn't necessarily racist

but i just disagreed with what you said about how you actually define racism

dunno why i was so antagonistic about it though... i honestly barely remember making that post

so my apologies in that regard
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote