Music Banter - View Single Post - Whaddya want?!
Thread: Whaddya want?!
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 08:06 AM   #185 (permalink)
TechnicLePanther
and the livin' is easy...

Album: Cannibal
Artist: Kesha
Genre: Dance-Pop
Suggested by: The Batlord
Familiarity: None, though I've heard some of her other stuff.

1. Cannibal - Very dancy beat. LOTS of production. Then it gets to the chorus. Alright then. Like most pop it's easy to get into. The lyrics are better than I was expecting. There's a lot of cheese though. It's the kind of cheese whedre somebody's trying to be something they're not. In this case, a cannibal. It's just not entirely believeable. But in the end, it's a dance track, so I guess it serves its purpose well.

2. We R Who We R - I always though Kesha's rapping was sort of annoying. It still is, but not as much here. The backing is pretty generic. The chorus melody is pretty good, though. There's a lot of autotune too. Again, at least it serves it's purpose pretty well.

3. Sleazy - This one sounds a bit more drugged-out. The bass is strangely distorted, and the voice saying "Sleazaaayyyy" in the background is pretty cool. Halfway through the mood changes a bit. This one isn't as dancy, but the lyrics are pretty solid, the rapping isn't as annoying, and I like it the best of all of the songs so far.

4. Blow - The laughing is annoying in the beginning. Oh yeah, I've heard this song. This one's almost getting into epic house territory. The harmonies are pretty awesome. Definitely the best out of all the ones so far. I like how this album goes a bit beyond just a dance pop album. The lyrics aren't as good on this one. Honestly, they could just keep the chorus going the whole song and I'd be more interested. Alright, that was pretty good.

5. The Harold Song - I don't think Kesha is made for delving into love song territory. The lyrics actually made me laugh. Yeah, I believe this even less than Cannibal. Pretty stupid, this one. Just a generic pop song.

6. Crazy Beautiful Life - The beat at the beginning is pretty cool. Very happy. Meh. The lyrics are good, the rhythm is mediocre, and the rest of the accompaniment is pretty mediocre as well. Meh.

7. Grow a Pear - The distorted bass is pretty interesting. The lyrics are awesomely relatable. Everything else is just alright, but the lyrics are awesome. This is a good one.

8. C U Next Tuesday - The synth is sort of weird. The vocal melody isn't half bad, but the whole song feels sort of ho-hum.

9. Animal - This one just feels cheesy. The whole song is pretty generic, and honestly I'm a bit disappointed. It's not as good as the rest at all.

This album is representative of the better side of modern pop, and most of the album is pretty good even if you're not such a fan of the modern dance scene. If you are a fan of dance today, I'd definitely recommend you check this one out.

OVERALL RATING: 7/10

SUGGEST ME AN ALBUM - I'm probably not going to listen to it but I will if you bother me enough.
TechnicLePanther is offline   Reply With Quote