Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 08:04 PM   #10627 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaSho View Post
First things first I love rza's production, and I think swords has some of his most haunting beats ever, and gza's flow matches up with them so perfectly that it always sucks me in. That combined with the often dark but always bleak lyrics about society and culture make it an album that I have to give my full attention every time I put it on. I can't browse the internet and listen to it because it's so hypnotic. I'm not sure how you feel about wu as a whole, but I would say it's not 'entry level'(another term I hate to use) for them. I don't agree but I can understand the argument that some people make that their music is boring at times, and gza is one of the less 'fun' members, but if you're a fan of the sound I don't see what would make it less appealing then say 36 chambers or supreme clientele.

not to mention I think the kill bill (or whatever movie it's originally from) sample is an awesome album opener.
My biggest complaint with Liquid Swords is the most critical aspect of the album: GZA's voice. I can’t stand to listen to him, and the entire album unravels for me because of it. The title track in particular is more isufferable than listening to Axl Rose.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote