Music Banter - View Single Post - One song to describe your city
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 01:46 PM   #72 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
You need a reality check.
He's on to something though. There are studies that say if you are in a bad neighborhood and don't live there, act like you do. Eat a bag of chips or talk on the phone. They say you're least likely to get mugged because it may be harder to do so for the criminal if you grew up in the same place they did.

That doesn't mean it won't happen though. Crime happens. You have to be on your guard in bad neighborhoods or even perceived bad neighborhoods. Saying stuff like "it's not so bad" is basically being the lamb in a slaughterhouse.

I basically live in New York City. I've been walking the the streets since I was 13. I know the areas and I know the safe havens. I'm always on my guard because people are crazy and crazy people like night time. Sh*t, last weekend I had a dude clearly on drugs come up to me as I was walking at 10:00 at night in The Village and start hassling me. I know those streets like the back of my hand but this guy thought it was a good idea to get in my face. It can happen any time.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote