Music Banter - View Single Post - Grandfather Paradox
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 08:42 AM   #83 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Why would he do that? He'd have exactly the same things that you did, and exactly the same reasons or lack thereof to go back to his car.

He would have eaten the same things you did, with exactly the same physiological response. Why would he get indigestion and not you?

The same people in his vicinity would be in yours as well. Any mugger who might happen upon him would happen upon you as well.

See above.

Weather conditions would also be the same.

See above.

Why should the possibilities be endless? There may very well be only one possibility.
All of the above can be related to you doing different things even on different days. TBH, if you're not going to accept that there could be subtle differences between the dimensions, then you may as well not bother because who cares if there are infinite alternate universes if every single one of them is exactly the same in every detail?

I explained by theory based off of the idea that each decision makes a split and spins off into a separate alternate universe, where things are, or can be, very slightly different and outcomes vary. If you don't accept that then just agree to disagree, but you're not disproving my theory with yours, because they're both just hypothetical, and one does not have any more likelihood of being correct than the other.

If you just want to pick holes in my argument for the hell of it, go ahead. But don't think you're any more likely to be right than I could be.