Music Banter - View Single Post - Batty & TH Watch a Bunch of ****ing Batman: The Animated Series
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 07:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Default Batty & TH Watch a Bunch of ****ing Batman: The Animated Series

Batty & TH Watch a Bunch of ****ing Batman: The Animated Series

The Batlord: Welcome comic book fans and subhumans, to The Batlord and Trollheart's journal dedicated to Batman: The Animated Series (retitled The Adventures of Batman & Robin for its second season, and later relaunched for a final season as The New Batman Adventures) -- for those ignorant clods out there, B:TAS was an American children's cartoon which originally aired from September 5, 1992 to September 15, 1995. Here we shall shamelessly thieve the format from Unknown Soldier and Anteater's Toto journal in the form of Skype discussions about specific episodes from the series.

Depending on how this goes, we may end up expanding this journal to encompass other in-continuity DCAU shows, such as Superman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Justice League/Justice League International, and possibly some of the animated movies -- assuming I can badger Trollheart into watching them (which I will try my ****ing hardest to do). For the foreseeable future, however, B:TAS will be our focus.

If you love Batman, comics, and long-winded, back-and-forth, Siskel and Ebert-style discussions, then this is the journal you've been waiting for. Not that there should be any question that you would, of course.

Trollheart: Hey! Who turned out the lights? Someone let me out of here or by God there'll be hell to pay! I'm telling you: I know lawyers! You think somebody with an association with Mister Burns doesn't know lawy – ah. That's better. Light. Hey it's you Batty! What the hell is this? What's with the bag over the head? Whatever happened to emails and PMs? Whaddya mean, look at this cartoon? I've more important things to do that look at --- hmm. Batman eh? The Animated Series you say? Well ok, if it'll shut you --- hey you know, this ain't bad. This ain't bad at all! Are there more of these? Over a hundred you say? Maybe I'll just stay here and help you review them. But not because you've kidnapped my cats. Oh no. This is purely my own decision. Just don't hurt them. Okay, let's do this thing then!

And, you know, if any of you people reading should happen to feel a need to call the cops and report a kidnapping, well I guess I can't stop you. What Batty? No, no, nothing, just telling everyone how great it is to be here. So, what's first up?

The Batlord: My dick, but that's beside the point.

So let's kick this **** off!
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote