Music Banter - View Single Post - Whaddya want?!
Thread: Whaddya want?!
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 02:45 PM   #213 (permalink)
TechnicLePanther
and the livin' is easy...

A sore throat won't keep me from moving on with the "lovely" Merbox.

Album: Collection Era Vol. 3
Artist: Merzbow
Genre: Noise
Suggested by: grindy
Familiarity: Done the others before it, now doing it. No familiarity for this one specifically.

1. Untitled - A helicopter-like noise persists throughout while other random noises come in. Very dirty sound on this one, I like it.

2. Untitled - Replace the helicopter with banging on metal, and you have this song. I still enjoy it though. Really comes full circle, bringing music back to its primitive roots in human culture. Nothing groundbreaking, but still cool.

3. Untitled - More noise, pretty energetic rhythm this time. Gets a bit tired towards the end.

4. Untitled - More "noise"y than the others. Cool.

5. Untitled - This one is really weird. More noises over a looping background noise. Same old song and dance (or lack thereof). It's alright.

6. Untitled - Yup. More noise here. A bit run-of-the-mill though. This one gets more and more boring by the minute.

7. Untitled - All pretty similar, so whatever.

8. Untitled - Still noise, but a bit longer than the other parts. It gets pretty abrasive at some points, but no major differences from the other songs.

This one ended up leaving a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. Noise is fine in isolated bursts, but if you're going to listen to a whole album of it, you better have something to keep yourself busy, because otherwise you're going to get incredibly bored. There's really not any change in the overall feel of it, and of course, it's not very catchy in the first place. However, I'm certain that if you have something to keep you occupied, or if you just skip ahead when you get bored, you can definitely appreciate this one for what it is.
OVERALL RATING: 6/10

SUGGEST ME AN ALBUM - I'm probably not going to listen to it but I will if you bother me enough.
TechnicLePanther is offline   Reply With Quote