Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 06:49 PM   #20311 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Without getting at Ki specifically, I'd like to address the subject of threads being suddenly closed, whether the OP requested it or not.

I think that if the thread is not breaking any major rules then the closing should be telegraphed, ie if a mod thinks it needs to be/should be closed then a quick warning --- thread closure imminent or something like that --- should be posted, and if the OP wants it closed he/she/it should say so --- "Guys I'm gonna ask for this to be closed" --- in both cases to give those who wish to continue participating in the thread the opportunity to plead their case.

While I have nothing against mods (I have pictures of you all on my wall...) or even someone wanting to have their own thread closed (as I have done several times myself) I think it's a little perhaps not selfish, but maybe insensitive or unfair to just have it done without any warning or consultation.

I'd like to think that if this were to happen in the future (what do I mean, if??) my suggestions might be taken onboard. I think it would cut down drama, lead away from threads being made about threads (as in my case today) and give nobody an excuse to moan. But more importantly, it would show people who might be pulling the thread off topic that, if they wanted it to remain open, they had better cut it out.

Just a suggestion as I say; I'm gutted that thread was closed and I wish we had had a chance to convince the OP to think again.
We do warn people before closing threads. We tell people to get back on topic and stop fighting. Afterwards when people don't listen we shut the thread and PM the OP. I shut you thread because I don't believe it was necessary to make a thread about a thread being shut. You could have asked a mod or Ki through PM or in the announcements sub forum. We allowed your thread about a thread to stay open for a while (Urban would have closed it) and I closed it when it was clear why the other thread was closed and most had said their piece about it. Us warning people in threads often doesn't cut drama, it's been proven plenty of times.

We want the lounge to have reasonable threads, not loads of joke/inane threads. Once in a while is okay but lately the quality of some threads has been abysmal.

As others have said, you have asked for your threads to be closed many times and you received backlash for it. If the OP wants their thread shut, we will close it. You may not like it, but take it up with the OP.