Music Banter - View Single Post - Cops vs Black People Round IV: Turnsignalgate
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 07:58 AM   #68 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Fine, i'm out. But you should think about apologizing to Trollheart. I don't know the guy that well, but even I can see that you struck a nerve. Obviously, I don't know him as well as you do, and certainly you're free to do whatever you want, but I just think that maybe you hurt him a little more than you may have realized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I can't help what colour I was born, Roxy. Like I said to JWB, I'm not getting into a crusade and saying "oh those poor black people! Someone should do something!" I'm genuinely upset about this incident: it kept me awake the night I saw it on the news. The fact that the woman was black doesn't actually matter that much to me: had this been a white woman (or man) I would have had the same reaction: humans mistreating humans just because they have a badge and with no provocation makes me physically sick.

I apologise if it seemed like I was making a cold clinical issue out of this: I was not. I just think it's awful (for one horrible second I thought "Jesus! What if that lady was Roxy!!!") and I honestly don't see how just because you're one colour you can't feel for, get outraged and have sympathy for those who are not the same colour as you. Isn't that what humanity is supposed to be all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
This is kind of how I feel too. I mean, are we supposed to say sorry to a bunch of people who aren't in the conversation? It seems a little disingenuous of Roxy to be tarring us all with one brush when she must know we don't all operate that way. I'm still waiting for a response. I actually feel a little insulted that someone who knows me would make this sort of comment about me, or include me in the comment as if we're all just on a high horse saying what should be done and how terrible it is, without meaning any of what we say.

It's disappointing to say the least.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote