Music Banter - View Single Post - Is there life on Mars?
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 04:44 PM   #47 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

If you believe in the possibility of extraterrestrial life, then why could they not have visited this planet? I'm not a UFO nut, I don't necessarily believe abductions happen, but I'm not arrogant enough to state they categorically did not. They could have, is what I'm saying. And a lot of the stories abductees tell are remarkably similar. Didn't any of you watch The X-Files?

Is it more stupid to believe in the possibility of life on other worlds (which then allows they may have visited ours) than to put your faith in a concept with no empirical evidence to back it up at all, to believe in a god? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with believing in God or a god, but it's just as much a leap of faith as allowing the chance that some --- probably not all, or even that many, but some --- of these abductees may in fact be recalling actual experiences. I don't know for sure they did, but by the same token you don't know for sure that they didn't, so you have to be open to the possibility.

"You know what, Vort The Invincible? Sometimes I look up at the sky and I wonder ... could there be other intelligent life out there?"