Music Banter - View Single Post - Pop or Flop?
Thread: Pop or Flop?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 05:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Before I even listen to this, can I make a suggestion? If this gets popular you're going to have a lot of probably one-word posts or at least one line ones that the mods are going to have to approve, and that is going to get tiresome I would assume for them.

Why not make a thread in the general forum, take your votes there and link the results back to your journal here? You could say something like "current selection now in my journal, please vote here" so that people would still read, but the actual votes as such would be outside your journal, avoiding clogging it up with short posts and also allowing people to vote faster and more often, as their posts would not have to be approved. Results could then be posted here, or there, or both places.

I just think doing it this way you open yourself up to a massive amount of small posts, maybe some spam, drama, off-topic chatter, gifs, and so on. Also, for those who never read the journals, it will get you better traction and interest if you carry it beyond your journal and into the main forum space.