Music Banter - View Single Post - Blood and Diamonds: A High Energy Story
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 07:29 AM   #26 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Side Story: Sam, Part Two

It had been days since the Blue Shirts formed their alliance with the aliens, and both had gladly reaped the benefits. The Blue Shirts became proficient in the use of their new rifles, while the aliens used the gathered resources to further develop their machine, however their partnership was becoming somewhat strained. The Boss began to allocate more time to training than to gathering resources, desiring to go to war with the surrounding gangs as soon as possible, and the aliens suspected that he would eventually betray them once he had armed his whole gang and no longer needed them. Still, the aliens had little time to worry about such things, and they worked on without paying him much mind. In time, the device began to take shape, and they completed the first stage of it's growth; it was now operational, but could only corrupt those who were standing right beside it. Eventually, it would be able to control people at a distance, but the aliens currently lacked the special resources necessary to make it that powerful. Their solution to both of their problems (their distrust of The Boss, and their lack of special resources) was Sam.

"What the fuck?" asked Sam as she closed her eyes and let her head fall back down on the table. "I don't know how to respond to that," replied Tyl, continuing his work on her robotic arm. Retix walked over to the table, and put a hand on Tyl's shoulder. "If she's awake, then I'm assuming that your work is about finished?" she asked. Tyl glanced over at her and nodded, while Valk walked over to the table and scanned Sam's leg. "You guys sure this'll work?" asked Qez to the group as she continued her work on the other side of the room. Tyl replied "In all likelihood", while Valk simply shrugged. Retix looked down at Sam, and said "Well, welcome back to life. I hope you're appreciative of what we've accomplished, as it was far from easy. Merging the robotic appendages with your body, healing your burns... if Heyt hadn't studied human physiology, then we surely would have failed. Still, I'd say he did a fair job... you only died twice during the procedure." Sam was at a loss for words, and all she could do to satisfy her curiosity was to look around the room. Her eyes settled on Heyt as walked towards her. "I'd say it's about time that we gave it a proper test," he said to the group as he tilted his head towards the device in the center of the room. His words seemed to make the other aliens somewhat quiet and dejected, however they soon set about rolling the table that Sam was on towards the device. "I'm sorry," said Retix, as she lifted up Sam's hand and placed it on the device.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote