Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 04:22 PM   #1465 (permalink)
TechnicLePanther
and the livin' is easy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Oh, right. Well, as I mentioned before, in my earlier days, before finding Music Banter, I had a set collection of CDs I listened to on rotation. I tended to buy only albums by artistes I liked, and didn't do much in the way of downloading, free or otherwise. So I was sort of stuck in the one groove, listening to what I liked and not moving, or particularly wanting to move, beyond that. I never liked the radio or pop music in general (radio in Ireland was and is pretty much dominated by the top forty, not much change in thirty-odd years).

Then a website called AllofMP3.com opened and I discovered I could buy albums for a dollar or less, so started downloading based on their recommendations for the music I liked. I ended up getting into some (for me) fine bands this way, such as Arena, Ten, Mostly Autumn and Kamelot. Then I found MB, and people began to educate me. I didn't want to be educated, but slowly, like a massive rock that refuses to move but people keep pushing at it and trying to lever it down the hill, I began to roll and have been slowing rolling ever since, picking up new musical influences and interests as I leave the summit of my ignorance and tumble down the side of the mountain of musical exploration.
Way ahead of you. Figuratively and literally. Of course, recently I've been going through music like you go through paper towels.

SUGGEST ME AN ALBUM - I'm probably not going to listen to it but I will if you bother me enough.
TechnicLePanther is offline   Reply With Quote