Music Banter - View Single Post - Why I Don't Think Sgt. Pepper Is The Best Beatles Album
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 08:03 PM   #21 (permalink)
neardeathexperience
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
It may not be all that consistent musically, but I think every track (with the exception of Penny Lane. **** you, Penny Lane) on there is fantastic. She's Leaving Home and Being For the Benefit of Mr. Kite are the only ones that stand up to most of the tracks on MMT imo. A Day In the Life is great as well but except for the end bit, it doesn't quite get up to that level for me.
Your Mother Should Have Known Better in my opinion does not even come close to anything that was offered on Sgt. Pepper nor does Flying, even Fool On The Hill is weak from a lyric and musical standpoint......Most of the songs presented on MMT were "singles". Six of the 11 songs were brought out as singles hardly a stellar writing commitment..........Don't get me wrong those 6 songs are probably the best on the entire album.....Strawberry Fields is a stunning song, but to be honest at one time the Beatles fully intended to have Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields included on the Sgt. Pepper album!
neardeathexperience is offline   Reply With Quote