Music Banter - View Single Post - confederate flag debate
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 08:50 PM   #157 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

as did henry ford.

but in all seriousness, just so nobody thinks i'm one of those stormfront types... my points about the media are relatively serious. i don't think i exaggerate much there, though i might get repetitive.

i throw "jews" in there just to be edgy, though. i don't think it's a jewish conspiracy. i do think jews are disproportionately represented in the media/hollywood, cause as far as i know that's basically just a statistical fact.

but i don't think that is necessarily related to the role the media plays; i think it would play such a role, jews or no jews. if anything, the nazis and the role of their propaganda machine in their state demonstrated this fact for us.

but coming back to flags.. i know larehip once notoriously petitioned to bring the swastika back. not that i necessarily agree with him.. but it does seem that we arbitrarily latch onto certain symbols more than others. one question i always had was why exactly germany had to ditch the nazi flag, but japan got to keep their imperial sun?

both symbols were, at the time, representative of heinous regimes that were guilty of full scale genocide and war crimes. you can say the same for the soviet union and their red & yellow sickle and hammer/star... though obviously since they were on the winning team, they got to keep their flag.

but japan was a defeated state, forced to give up their military ambitions entirely, yet they got to keep these frankly awesome imperial flags:

meanwhile germany gets stuck with this piece of **** flag:

come on, guys... your new flag sucks
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote