Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 09:58 AM   #7785 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

I don't really know if the Redux version of Metro: Last Light is needed, but it definitely was for Metro 2033. When that game first came out it was damn near impossible to run on any settings and maintain a halfway decent framerate. From what I've heard, seen, and read, the Redux version of that changes all that quite a bit, but it has a very minimal effect on Last Light. However given the price I'd say go for it.

I grabbed this yesterday

The Consuming Shadow

It's Zero Punctuation's Yahtzee's latest game and I have to say it's pretty damn good. I've been watching his Ego Review series on YouTube where he and a friend play through old games Yahtzee made throughout his career as an indie dev and he certainly has a knack for horror, which The Consuming Shadow certainly is. It's kind of like a blend of FTL and Darkest Dungeon. It's a roguelike where you are being chased by this nebulous force throughout England. You have a 60 hour time limit to find out clues and a banishing ritual so you can stop a dark God from entering our dimension and it's a lot of fun trying to figure out what God it is from the clues you find scattered throughout the game. It's very Lovecraft-inspired, with the implementation of a sanity meter that slowly goes down as you take damage or have random events happen. While it's not much to look at, the writing is very well done and what really helps make the game shine. The writing creates a very eerie atmosphere that does that Silent Hill style of horror where it feels like it's only you that notices how fucked up things are.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote