Music Banter - View Single Post - confederate flag debate
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 12:41 PM   #207 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

What is the long term solution in your scenario? In mine I feel that educating people will slowly create future generations of more open-minded people. Banning the flag will just cause all the people who are open about their racism and bigotry to be a little less open about it, but it's not going to change the way they raise their kids. They are hate breeders, and I don't see that changing just because you take away their flag.

It worked for gay marriage because a group of people who were being persecuted gained power by acquiring equal rights. The only thing these confederate flag rednecks want is something that will never happen because society as a whole has progressed beyond slavery and racism(to an extent.. laws then compared to laws now). They have nothing to lose unless you start punishing them for being ignorant douchebags, and since we can't do that, I don't see any other option besides education.

Tbh I'm not sure I have enough faith in humanity to believe that education would ever actually work, but I think it has the greatest chance at making even a small impact. I can't get behind punishing someone for beliefs I don't agree with as long as they aren't harming anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote