Music Banter - View Single Post - Whaddya want?!
Thread: Whaddya want?!
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 08:14 AM   #229 (permalink)
TechnicLePanther
and the livin' is easy...

Part 7. I think.

Album: Paradoxa Paradoxa
Artist: Merzbow
Genre: Noise
Suggested by: grindy
Familiarity: None.

Paradoxa Paradoxa Pt. 1 - A lot of generic Merzbow stuff. It's actually a bit more interesting. There's more stuff happening here, it seems like. Kind of bad audio quality, but it was '81, and Merzbow wasn't very popular back then, so I'll give him a pass. I think I hear a vacuum too. Yup, pretty much just generic Merzbow stuff. It's more on the fun side of his stuff, rather than the boring side. Yup, it's just some fun, lighthearted noise. Oops, nope. It starts to get a bit more scary and annoying towards the middle. Lots of really abrasive stuff. Anyways, the less abrasive parts are definitely better, and because it's mostly the less abrasive stuff, it's pretty good.

Paradoxa Paradoxa Pt. 2 - A little tape loop intro enters some abrasive accompaniment. It's a very abrasive song. The tape loop keeps cutting and jumping randomly, which adds a lot of texture to the song. And despite it being more abrasive, this is probably my favorite of the two tracks. It may even be my favorite Merzbow song so far. The apocalyptic atmosphere is really good. The squealing of the feedback doesn't really get super annoying, as it's usually quiet and drowned out by the rest of the noise. This is a very cool song. Towards the end, it even sounds like they're sampling a j-pop song. Really good stuff here.

Overall, this album is pretty cool. The most abrasive one so far, it's also a lot more unique. You could tell these songs from any other Merzbow songs, due to some key elements. The second song especially blew me away, so I have to give this one a pretty high rating.
OVERALL RATING: 9/10

SUGGEST ME AN ALBUM - I'm probably not going to listen to it but I will if you bother me enough.
TechnicLePanther is offline   Reply With Quote