Music Banter - View Single Post - Fiddler's Adventures On Patrol
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 05:21 PM   #51 (permalink)
fiddler
Music Addict

FALL IN AND LISTEN UP!

Hey y'all! Long time no see! So I know, I've MIA for a couple of weeks, it was official business, I swear! Lemme give you the run down of whats been going on.

Right now, the US Army is going through a restructure. In the next two years, we plan to discharge some 40,000 soldiers, and let go some 15,000 civilians. But, we're not just giving the ax to a bunch of random people. We're making a stronger by 1) getting rid of some of the Soldiers who have disciplinary actions against them that should have been gone 2) retiring some Soldiers who have essentially capped out, 3) promoting Soldiers to fill the empty slots, 4) and promoting the overall welfare of the individual Soldiers through training, education, and resources.

The Army has always placed high value on taking care of a Soldier's family (at least in "recent" years). One of the things we're doing is re-vamping that effort. We're going the extra mile for Soldiers, and their families. After all, we're only as strong as our support unit is. So for the past couple of weeks, I've been to Ft. Jackson, Ft. Benning, and Ft. Sam Houston talking about the new direction the Army is moving in. And it's really exciting.

I've been talking specifically about the Family Services aspect. I've had the chance to meet so many great Soldiers from three different posts that are not my own, and I've loved every single minute of it.

Also I may have missed you guys..a little. Just a little. Don't let it go to your heads.

FALL OUT!