Music Banter - View Single Post - Blood and Diamonds: A High Energy Story
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 05:48 AM   #27 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Side Story: Sam, Part Three

The aliens concluded their test on Sam, successfully corrupting her while she was beside the device, and they rolled the table away from it once they were satisfied with the results. While the aliens set about examining sets of data and re-calibrating the machine, Sam slowly snapped back to reality; at this point in time, the device's hold on her was fairly weak, and it couldn't grip her mind from a distance for very long. As she regained her senses, she felt an itchy and slightly painful sensation on the back of her neck, and she raised a hand to investigate it. Almost immediately, her fingers ran across what seemed to be a scar, causing the wound to sting slightly underneath her fingertips. Heyt noticed her curious probing, and said "You shouldn't touch that. We didn't have enough time to build it to be of much quality, and we certainly didn't have the means to test it beforehand. Theoretically, it should work just fine, but... well, if you tamper with it, you might accidentally corrupt it's behavioral perimeters, which would cause it to ceaselessly shoot pain signals throughout your body."

Sam quickly lowered her hand, and looked around at all of the aliens beside her, rediscovering the sense of shock that she had felt when she had first woken up. As her mind and instincts returned to her, she felt the urge to find a way out of this mysterious room. "Now," said Retix as she walked over to Sam, nursing a headache all the while, "it seems that we're just about done here. I'll bet that you have more questions than there are terrible shows on that horrid television that Qez insists on staring at, and I'll do my best to slay your confusion. Firstly, as you may have guessed, yes, we are aliens. And no, we aren't here to harm anyone. Secondly, the scar on the back of your neck is where we implanted a certain device, and it acts as a sort of fail-safe for us. Basically, if you ever try to harm any of us, it will overload your senses with pain. As long as you do what we ask of you, though, you should be fine..." Sam cut her off, rubbing an eye and stretching her sore neck to the side as she asked "'What we ask of you'? What exactly do you all want me to do?" "We simply need you to run some errands for us. It should be no problem for a skilled warrior such as yourself. You see, we're building a device that will allow us to save your world from being conquered by a fast approaching inter-galactic army, but there are certain necessary parts that may prove difficult for our current roster of allies to acquire. We would like you to acquire these parts." "And what happens to me if I tell you all to fuck off back to your homeworld?" replied Sam. "Then we start mercilessly inserting our anal probes," interjected Qez with a smile. Retix shot her a glance, and Qez looked down and returned to her work.

Retix looked back at Sam, and replied "If you turn us down, or even so much as think about betraying us, the device is set to activate. I'd rather not have to put you through that kind of pain. If, however, you decide to serve us willingly, and you do so with an exceptional level of skill, then we'll upgrade your appendages in our spare time to make you even more formidable." Sam looked at Retix in silence for a moment, assessing the situation, before standing up. Suddenly, Sam fell to the ground in a display pain, grabbing the back of her neck. Their gaze met again, and Retix shook her head while slightly raising her hands, asking "You were going to hit me, weren't you?" Sam started to get back to her feet, saying "Just making sure that you weren't bluffing. So, it looks like I really don't have much of a choice..." Retix shrugged, replying "I suppose you don't." Sam looked down and took a deep breath, a dull patina of helplessness taking the gloss of emotion from her expression. "I suppose this isn't all that different from my contract days. Alright. When do we get started?"
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------

Last edited by Oriphiel; 01-18-2016 at 08:42 AM.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote