Music Banter - View Single Post - Pop or Flop?
Thread: Pop or Flop?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 07:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
TechnicLePanther
and the livin' is easy...

NOTE: I tried to find a version of Bad Blood without the video, because the video is absolutely terrible, and will ruin your impression of the song. There was none. I'm sorry.

Taylor Swift - Bad Blood

Many things about this song are incredibly generic. The song takes the generic pop structure from every other hit of the day, so it has to be good because of its flairs. Kendrick Lamar's rapping absolutely saved this song in my eyes. The bridge is alright, and in my opinion much better than the chorus. The chorus, which is the same as the original album version, is alright, but nothing hit-single worthy. It's generic lyrics, including the frustrating "vowel rhyming", rather than sucking it up and writing lyrics around the consonants. Besides that, the melody is repeated over for every lyric in the chorus, and by the end of the song, it gets a bit frustrating. The "hey!" that ends every chorus is my least favorite part of the song. Other than that, the instrumentation isn't that bad, and I think Lamar's rapping really brings this song up into Pop territory.

Therefore, this one is pop for me.

What did you think? Pop or flop?

Vote here: http://www.musicbanter.com/pop/82983...ml#post1621511

SUGGEST ME AN ALBUM - I'm probably not going to listen to it but I will if you bother me enough.

Last edited by TechnicLePanther; 08-02-2015 at 11:59 AM.
TechnicLePanther is offline   Reply With Quote