Music Banter - View Single Post - Blood and Diamonds: A High Energy Story
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 08:26 AM   #28 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Side Story: Sam, Part Four

"Your first task will be a trial run of sorts, though it may prove to be somewhat difficult. However, though you'll usually have to hunt for the locations of our required resources yourself, we've already tracked down the exact location of this particular item, so in theory all you need to do is extract it without being caught," said Heyt. Sam had adapted relatively well to her current situation, although she still wore a melancholy expression. Sighing as she brushed back her hair, she curtly asked "What is it?" "A diamond with certain unique properties that would be an invaluable addition to our device. Here," he replied, handing her a piece of paper with writing scrawled across it. "This should help you. We've written down the address where it is located, as well as the name of the diamond and a description of it's physical attributes." Sam quickly snatched the piece of paper from Heyt and briefly scanned it. Almost immediately, she began to make her way towards the door. "Hold on," Heyt called after her, and she spun on her heels to face him. "The location of the diamond is a well known museum, and therefore it is probably very well protected. If you get caught trying to steal the diamond, and the authorities take you into custody, we may not be able to save you. We can't draw too much attention to ourselves until our plan reaches fruition, and we also simply don't have the time for heroic rescues. So if you fail, you're on your own, and we'll find some other way to get what we need." "Relax," replied Sam, "I'll be fine. I've done a heist or two back in the day." "I'm sure you will," replied Heyt, "but I just wanted to warn you of the dangers, so that you know what the stakes are, and to prevent you from doing anything rash. After all, it's not as though you can just walk into the museum, grab the diamond, and skip out the door with it."

"He skipped, huh?" asked Sam to the talkative security guard. "Yeah. He was practically clicking his heels as he left, with a big fuckin' grin on his face. Looked right at the security camera by the door, and just skipped away with a bag full of priceless artifacts. What a jackass." Apparently, the museum had been robbed the night before by an audacious thief, and Sam was lucky enough to have found a security guard with a big mouth. Sam didn't really expect him to give a random passerby this much information, figuring that she'd maybe get a few scant details from him, but he seemed to be quite lonely and eager for a conversation. "I thought this place was supposed to be pretty well funded. How did he just waltz past security like that?" asked Sam. The guard rolled his eyes and smiled briefly, replying "Yeah, we're well funded alright, but this place is about as secure as a fuckin' cookie jar. The new owner couldn't care less about security, figuring that nobody would have the guts to hit up a museum anyway, so he loosened everything up and fired almost all of the guards. Prick." Sam was about to ask him another question, when he became distracted by something behind her. "Goddamn it, not again! Excuse me," he said as he ran past her, heading towards someone who was giving their child a bath in one of the museum's ornate fountains. After resolving the situation, he returned to Sam, rolling his eyes and saying "Sorry about that. You wouldn't believe the shit that people pull here." "It's fine," replied Sam. "So, what do you know about the thief? Have the cops got any leads?" The guard shook his head, and replied "Nope. Nothing. Fucker got away clean."

Sam looked down and bit her lip, wondering how she would track the thief down and claim the diamond. Without any leads to follow, things were looking fairly bleak. "Oh, wait, there was one thing," said the guard as he scratched his back with the handle of his flashlight. "The thief was wearing a vest with some markings on the back. He even turned his back to the camera and pointed to it, as if he wanted us to see it. Cops think it might be a gang symbol or something." "Really? What did it look like?" "Uh... it was kinda like a skull wearing a headband." Sam looked down and thought for a moment, before smiling and asking "And this thief, did he have any piercings?" The guard shook his head, and replied "Nah. The feed is pretty fuzzy, but at one point he stuck his face right in one of the cameras and gave it a kiss, and I didn't see any piercings. Although, he did have a bunch of holes in his ears and nose, like he may have had some and decided to take them out, so who knows? Kids these days, tearing up their faces, robbing museums... I don't get it." Sam smiled and nodded, replying "Right. Anyway, thanks for the info. See you later." "Yeah, take care," he replied, before noticing someone putting their hands on a painting and running to stop them. Sam put her hands in her pockets and left the museum, with a good idea of where she might find the diamond.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote