Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 08:54 PM   #3517 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

The kitchen table, Mexican standoff scene to start off True Dick episode 6 had some nice dialogue.

FRANK: We gonna fight, Raymond?

RAY: I would have been different.

FRANK: Of all the lies people tell themselves, I bet that's the most common.

RAY: I could have. You ****ed me. I sold my soul for nothing.

FRANK: If you were selling, it wasn't me buying.

RAY: You wanted your hooks in a cop, so you used my wife's ****ing tragedy to get me to kill somebody.

FRANK: I didn't get you to do anything. I gave you a name and you made your choice. And that choice was in you before your wife or any of this other stuff. It was always there... waiting. And didn't you use that man to be what you were always waiting to become? (scoffs) This thing, your wife-- those are just excuses. You think you were Superman previous? And, hey, own it. You think I'd have done less? If that's the kind of thing that keeps you out of heaven, I don't want to go.

RAY: Who gave you the name?

FRANK: Guy one of my guys knew, as I remember. Told me your story. Gave up the crankhead talking up the rape. I never heard of the dude until then. Or you. He was scum, I know that.

RAY: I never even asked him anything. That guy, I just...

FRANK: You want out? You're free. You ain't had the nerve for this for a while.

Ray puts his finger on the trigger of his gun.

FRANK: I don't want a shoot-out in my ****ing kitchen, Raymond. And I don't want to see you die. By me or one of my other guys. I didn't set you up. And I ain't your suicide ticket.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote