Music Banter - View Single Post - Blood and Diamonds: A High Energy Story
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 07:48 AM   #29 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Side Story: Sam, Part Five

Sam whistled along to a song that was stuck in her head as she walked towards her destination. She knew that the museum was located near the territories of two rival gangs, and that the symbol of one of those gangs, The Crazy Skulls, was on the thief's vest. However, the thief apparently drew a great deal of attention to the symbol, as if they wanted the police to see it on the security tapes. The Crazy Skull's rivals, the oddly named HE53, had a trademark penchant for piercings, which the thief obviously enjoyed though he had tried to hide that fact, and Sam was almost positive that they were setting up the Crazy Skulls for a fall. After walking down the street for a few minutes, she found herself at the hideout of the HE53, and two guards near the door looked her over. One of them leaned back against the building, while the other approached Sam. "Hey, girl," he said, throwing away his spent cigarette, "what're you doing out here? You lost?" Sam ignored him, and took a closer look at the hideout. The second guard was still back against the building, and he looked fairly cautious, as if he were ready to call for reinforcements at a moment's notice. In addition, Sam could see through a few windows with slightly parted blinds, and it was obvious that the hideout was full to capacity. In all likelihood, they were hunkered down and on the alert, making it seem quite likely that they were the thieves.

"You're a pretty little thing, but you're not very quick, are you? I asked you a question. What're you doing..." said the guard, who silenced after coming closer to Sam and getting a better look at her. "Damn," he said, looking at the scars across her face. The aliens had patched up her burn wounds quite well, but there were markings that they couldn't heal perfectly, and though from a distance Sam seemed fairly normal, up close she had a bit of a patchwork look to her. "What the fuck happened to you?" he asked. Sam rolled her eyes and took off the jacket she was wearing, revealing her metallic arm. With a single punch, she sent the guard into the air, crashing hard into the guard behind him. Just as the second guard regained his senses and started to get back to his feet, Sam kicked him with her robotic leg, and the door behind him exploded into a cloud of splinters as he fell backwards into the hideout. A gangster drinking a beer near the door took a step back and examined the scene with an expression of disbelief. Sam stepped through the doorway. "Hey," she said, nodding her head towards him.

The gangster grew ever more confused with the situation, as did all of the men scattered throughout the room behind him. As Sam started to walk towards him, he smashed his bottle of beer on the wall beside him and charged at her with the sharp remnants. Sam, beginning to understand just how strong she now was, decided to throw caution to the wind. Instead of avoiding his weapon, she shot a punch right at it. Her hand smashed through the jagged half of the bottle with ease, and continued to impact the hand behind it, breaking it with an audible crack. The guard stumbled backwards, and Sam finished him off with a heavy back-fist as more gangsters ran up to fight her. As the gang fell upon her, the scene quickly became a bloody mess; with a single punch, she managed to rip the jaw off of a gangster, as well as shatter the temple of the man beside him. Someone grabbed her from behind, and she shot out a kick to keep the gangsters in front of her at bay; needless to say, her leg tore through everyone within reach. She elbowed the man grabbing her, shattering his ribs, and pushed him away.

Someone to her side lashed out with a knife and cut her arm, and the massive amount of gangsters managed to slow her down by grabbing at her and hitting her with everything they had. However, Sam would not be defeated, and a sickening cloud of red followed every movement of her metallic appendages. She swung her robotic fist wildly, killing quite a few men in her direct vicinity, and knocking the others away. Grabbing a pool cue from the nearby billiard table, she impaled someone with it, and then, giving it a hard kick, she sent it clean through her victim and into the man behind him. At this point, the gangsters were certain that they had no chance against this demon of an enemy, and they began to run. Sam recognized a lieutenant among the scattering crowd, trying to escape, and decided to stop and interrogate him. Picking up a billiard ball, she threw it at him with her robotic arm before he could reach the door, and it shattered his leg.

Sam walked up to him and lifted him up off of the floor as the hideout became progressively scarce. "No, no... fuck!" he yelled. "Tell me where the museum haul is," she said quickly, in a calm voice. "What? We haven't hit up any museums in months..." he replied. Sam grabbed one of his facial piercings and ripped it out, causing him to scream. "Oh, come on. I know you guys hit up the museum, and I bet that if I search around in here long enough I'll find the stash anyway. So just tell me where it is, save me the trouble of having to dig through your hideout looking for it, and I won't turn your face into ground beef. Alright?" she said. The lieutenant started to gnash his teeth and sob from the pain of his wounds, and replied "I swear, we didn't hit up the museum. If we did, I'd just fucking tell you where the loot was. I'm not the seppuku type." "What? Seppuku?" asked Sam, narrowing her eyes and shaking her head, as she didn't know what the word meant. "Yeah," replied the lieutenant, "it's like back when the samurai used to kill themse-" Sam rolled her eyes, and interrupted him by ripping out another piercing. "I don't even care. Just spill," she said. The lieutenant scrunched his face and put a hand to his cheek, as blood poured across his fingers. Suddenly, he started to smile a little, and he said "I kinda already am," as he pointed to the blood spilling from his wounds. Sam stared blankly at him for a moment, before raising her hand to take out another piercing. "No, no, I was just joking, please don't," he said, and Sam relented. "Just talk already. I know for a fact that the thief was a member of your gang." The lieutenant shook his head, as if he was going to continue to display ignorance of the theft, but suddenly he stopped and narrowed his eyes. "Wait... we didn't hit up the museum. I mean, the gang didn't. But we did have a member that went rogue not too long ago. After we made a ceasefire with the Crazy Skulls, he didn't sit too well with the peace, and left the gang to keep on fighting them in his own way." "If you're lying to me..." replied Sam, but the lieutenant shook his head. "No, i'm dead serious! I swear! He's probably the fucker that you're looking for." Sam stopped and thought for a moment, setting the lieutenant back down on the ground, who winced as his damaged leg touched the floor. Sam sighed and shook her head. "Alright. You know where this guy hangs his head?"
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------

Last edited by Oriphiel; 09-11-2015 at 08:29 PM.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote