Music Banter - View Single Post - islam
Thread: islam
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 08:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
I have a friend that became a Muslim. When he divorced his wife, he needed a place to stay, so I offered him a room at my place I had at the time. There were times when I'd walk past his room and he'd be praying, using a little rug. This went on for a few weeks, and it finally dawned on me that something wasn't right. I confronted him one day to tell him: "You know your rug is facing north/south right?" His eyes widened and as he bolted for his prayer spot to check and correct this deficiency. I thought it was a bit funny. He's now a borderline Scientologist, but the craziness of all that is slowly melting away and he's becoming what I remember what was once my friend. He's a great guy, just a little confused.

No offense to your friend, since I don't know him and you seem like you're probably a decent judge of character (ex-wife notwithstanding ), but I think people in general who convert to another religion are probably more than a bit crazy. Most people don't really care enough to worry whether or not their religion is "correct", let alone if another is better.

It always seems to be a religion wildly different than the one they were acculturated to as well. You don't hear much about Christians converting from being Baptists to Presbyterians. It's always being Born Again, or Islam, or Scientology, or whatever.

I knew a truck driver at my friend's dad's company who converted to Messianic Judaism, and while he was a cool guy, he was just a tad off. I know nothing about Messianic Judaism, besides the basic premise, so when he told me about it, I asked him, "Oh, you mean Jews for Jesus?", and he got all offended. It was pretty funny.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote