Music Banter - View Single Post - islam
Thread: islam
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 08:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
No offense to your friend, since I don't know him and you seem like you're probably a decent judge of character (ex-wife notwithstanding ), but I think people in general who convert to another religion are probably more than a bit crazy. Most people don't really care enough to worry whether or not their religion is "correct", let alone if another is better.

It always seems to be a religion wildly different than the one they were acculturated to as well. You don't hear much about Christians converting from being Baptists to Presbyterians. It's always being Born Again, or Islam, or Scientology, or whatever.

I knew a truck driver at my friend's dad's company who converted to Messianic Judaism, and while he was a cool guy, he was just a tad off. I know nothing about Messianic Judaism, besides the basic premise, so when he told me about it, I asked him, "Oh, you mean Jews for Jesus?", and he got all offended. It was pretty funny.
Pretty much what I've noticed too. He does a hell of a stand-up though, and he's got Steve Irwin down to a point where there's no line between him and the deceased Aussie. But yeah, there's always been this underlying kind of crazy with him, but I think it's more a lost soul trying to find his way than actual chemical imbalance.