Music Banter - View Single Post - Is humanity hard-wired for war and conflict?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 07:17 PM   #47 (permalink)
ChelseaDagger
Account Disabled

I suppose if, in the future, we ever evolve beyond the physical, become beings of pure mind (totally mental!) then we might not care about such trivialities as land, possessions, honour and religion, and wars as such might not happen. Or we could develop new powers and kick the **** out of each other with mentally controlled mind rays![/QUOTE]

I believe the first evolution to which you're referring is called "death."

The second would not even be an evolution at all, but a cataclysmic event of some sort.

I guess I could always sit here and pick gnat **** out of pepper, for arguments sake, but I'm short on time so suffice it to say that I agree, at least, with your overall premise that humans are HARDWIRED for conflict by virtue of being HARDWIRED for survival (sorry my autocorrect keep capitalizing that word FSM???) I'm going to reference my earlier point that "progress" is more or less an illusion created by the modern engineers of mass psychology...

Case in point...

Someone mentioned the feminist movement being a catalyst for the end of mysogyny in this country (well, at least socially-accepted institutionalized mysogyny)... But has the average quality of life REALLY imroved for the modern woman? Do we really have "more choices" or are they just DIFFERENT choices than we used to have? Men no longer oppress us in the classical sense, sure, but as a woman, I argue that we merely traded one bully for another: the mysogynist in exchange for the micromanaging, shrieking fem-nazi.
ChelseaDagger is offline   Reply With Quote