Music Banter - View Single Post - Men in your 20's, is a kid a deal breaker?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 05:33 AM   #28 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I didn't use to like kids. Then I became an uncle, got a bit more mature, worked in a kinder garden for a bit before my career started, got established .. and at some point I also realized that while getting drunk with your friends every friday is fun, somewhere down the line you'll have done it hundreds of times and it becomes a sad rut. Every time you play a new FPS game, it's on average a little less of a new experience. On average, every next time you travel some place or watch some movie or eat a banana or whatever, the experience is a little less fresh. My life is good, but also blander and less dramatic. While I didn't want kids earlier, I now see it as one of the great adventures I have left. And I'm sorry if this sounds cheesy, but I also hope to reexperience the wonders of the world through my future children.

I would prefer to do all this with kids that are, biologically speaking, my own so a woman having her own kids with a different father would count as a negative. How negative depends on how many kids are involved, how they behave, how their father(s) is/are involved etc.

It's definitely not a deal breaker.
That is a great post and a possible development that might eventually lead me to wanting kids, although I'm still very, very sceptical about the whole thing.