Music Banter - View Single Post - Is humanity hard-wired for war and conflict?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 06:48 AM   #52 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
To an exstent^.That's not all its about. Yet no women ever see it. We hoot an holler about being treated equally yet we knock eachother down over the outfits we wear. Until women start looking at other women as allies and not adversaries, real feminisim, aint happened yet.We (women) are so quick to condemn one another and pit ourselves against eachother that every time someone uses the word feminisim I cringe inside. I used to see it on this board all the time and it was hilarious. Women this, sister that, but when a new chick would join oh no we were skeptical, some would talk ****, and others would try to run the new female off.
We can't treat eachother properly, so until we can actually do that. I dont give a damn what the oppisite sex sees or thinks about "our plight". Once "we" learn how to treat eachother on a daily basis then we can worry about the oppisite sex and how they keep us down. Because "we" are still keep ourselves down.
A lot of that is undoubtedly due to culture and various social pressures which promote competition between women, like fashion and body ideals and whatnot. I assume women in some cultures cooperate better than women in others. Still, somewhere behind all that environmental influence, you are describing a basic human trait; an ability and desire to compete with others. Women are competitive (as are men) and I assume changing human nature may be beyond the scope of feminism (?).

(Not saying this isn't something feminists shouldn't care about because I still think it is a valid concern. I just see it as a problem that can be reduced rather than eradicated.)