Music Banter - View Single Post - Blood and Diamonds: A High Energy Story
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 08:58 AM   #30 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

We're nearing the end of this seven part short story! I hope you've all had fun with it so far, and I've definitely had a blast writing it. I kinda liked posting these small sections daily, as opposed to longer entries posted infrequently (like the massive wall of text that was Chapter Seventeen ). I'll probably stick to the core entries from here until the end of Blood and Diamonds, though I may do one or two more side stories, since it's pretty fun to mix things up by taking a break from disco to explore other music from the late '70s and the '80s, as well as giving a few characters some time in the spotlight.

Side Story: Sam, Part Six

"What the fuck?" yelled the Blue Shirt lieutenant as he quickly raised his gun. As the dust from the impact settled, a figure became visible as it sauntered through the large hole where the front door used to be. One of the Blue Shirts beside the lieutenant fired off a shot at the approaching silhouette, and it ricocheted harmlessly off of their arm, making a spark that brightly cut through the thick cloud of pulverized wood and drywall. "Hold it," said the lieutenant to the Blue Shirts beside him, squinting his eyes towards the mysterious interloper. The HE53 that they had been making a business transaction with was just as surprised at the interruption, brandishing a large pistol. In a short amount of time, the lieutenant recognized a familiar face before him, and he slightly lowered his gun. "Sam? What the hell is this?" he asked, raising his free arm and shaking his head, smiling at her overly dramatic entrance. "Oh, you know me. I never was much for subtlety," she responded, straightening the collar of her jacket with her organic arm. "You know this crazy bitch?" asked the HE53 to the lieutenant, who replied "Yeah. She's one of the baddest motherf-" He stopped as a thought crossed his mind, and his smile began to fade. "Wait. Didn't you... you know, die?" he asked, his eyes narrowing. Now standing right in front of the group, Sam brushed back her hair with her mechanical arm, revealing a robotic hand as her jacket's sleeve slid down. "Yeah. Twice, apparently," she replied.

The lieutenant's gaze drifted from Sam's hand up to the scars on her face. "What hap-" he began to ask, before she cut him off by saying "Crazy shit. I'll tell you later. Right now, I've got something that I need to take care of. You," she said, pointing at the HE53, "give me the diamond." The HE53 backed up, his gun still raised, and began to voice his objections, when the lieutenant raised his hand in reassurance and began to talk over him, saying to Sam "Now hold on. I don't know what this diamond shit is about, and I don't care. You can't just smash your way in here and start fucking things up for us. This is a business deal, and we were about to come to an agreement." Sam raised a hand and opened her mouth as if to argue the issue with him, but she decided against it, looking down while smiling and shrugging her shoulders. "You know what? I could probably sit here and talk this out with you, coming to some sort of peaceful agreement, but... I just hate wasting my time doing shit like that," she said, taking off her jacket and letting it fall to the floor. "Sam, don't do anything that y-" said the lieutenant, before he was interrupted by Sam's fist. As he fell to the ground, Sam quickly reached out and grabbed the barrel of the HE53's pistol, pushing it to the side just as it fired a bullet. At the same time, she used her robotic arm to backfist one of the Blue Shirts. She had tried to hold back some of her strength, as she didn't want to kill members of the gang that she still technically belonged to, however the impact still sent him backwards with a great deal of force. Both he and the Blue Shirt beside him fell to the floor in a heap. Sam quickly turned and kicked the HE53 in the ribs, though he managed to punch her in the jaw just before the impact. However, with the amount of action and adrenaline that this day had thus far provided her with, she hardly felt a thing.

Luckily for the HE53, Sam had kicked him with her organic leg, and he got back to his feet as she approached him. He threw a heavy punch at her, which she deflected with ease, and he then tried to follow up with an uppercut to the stomach. At the same time, Sam struck his nose with her palm, tightening her abdomen and absorbing his uppercut with relative ease. As the HE53 stumbled backwards, putting his hand to his nose, Sam rolled her eyes and said "Just tell me where it is, before you start losing limbs. You can keep the rest of the haul for all I care, I just want the diamond." The HE53 mustered the last of his courage, yelling "Fuck you!" as he shot a punch at her face. Sam, who was in a boxing stance, pointed an elbow towards him and pivoted slightly. As the HE53's punch connected hard with her elbow, he quickly fell to his knees in pain, nursing his fractured hand. Sam, who was clearly out of patience, ripped one of his arms from it's socket. "Where?" she asked sharply, as the HE53 began to scream. After writhing in pain for a moment, he managed to regain enough control over himself to say, between screams, "tr... trunk..." Sam looked around for a moment, before her eyes fell upon a large trunk stuffed beneath a bed in the corner. "Lovely," she said, walking towards it. Looking down, she remembered that she was still holding the HE53's arm, and was about to throw it away when she noticed that the Blue Shirt lieutenant was back on his feet, and pointing his gun towards her. "We need to have a talk," he said, wiping away the blood trailing from the corner of his mouth with his free hand.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------

Last edited by Oriphiel; 08-05-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote