Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 06:10 PM   #20395 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

I just got off the phone after about an hour of yelling at my mother for keeping wine in the same house that my brother lives in. He's a substance abuser and can go to jail if he tests positive for any substances (booze/heroin/crack/weed/ect...)

I talked to my brother earlier today. He told me that he sees my mother have a glass of wine every once in a while and even though he doesn't have an alcohol problem, it makes him want to have a glass of wine. I told my mother this and told her she needs to get rid of the wine. She fought me on it for an hour. Her point was that she deserves a glass of wine every once in a while, that it keeps her sane in that house. I told her to go out and have one with her friends, that it shouldn't be in the f*cking house. She said that she's discreet with it. I told her obviously not because my brother knows about it and it bothers him. I told her she's gambling with her sons freedom for a glass of wine and if it's that important, then maybe she has a problem. She says that it's not fair to her because she's an adult and has to deal with sh*t every day and deserves a glass of wine.

How selfish can you be? I mean, I love my mother. She's a wonderful person, perhaps even my favorite person, but this is horsesh*t. Or is it? I mean, I know people are human and have their moments, but I can't help but think this is just selfish behavior from somebody that is supposed to be helping my brother.

Am I overreacting?

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote