Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 12:28 AM   #20400 (permalink)
fiddler
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
I was pretty upset when I wrote that. I shouldn't have attacked my mom like that. She deals with a lot of stuff and a glass of wine every other day is the only thing she has to get her through some days. I'm just deathly worried my brother is going to go back to jail because of something in the house.

I called her back and apologized. We agreed that she just needs to hide it better and she also admitted she has been having wine in front of him which is wrong.

Sometimes I catch myself envying people who don't have close relationships with their family. I love them so f*cking much that actually affects my depression because I just want them to do the right things and be happy. It's like I'm my parents parent.

Family is hard.
Okay you mentioned that he was a substance abuser, and from what you said, I'm assuming drugs. Does he have a history of alcohol abuse? Was alcohol in the agreement with the prosecution/judge? The reason I'm asking is that in situations like that alcohol is a bit of a tricky part. Sometimes it is covered with the plea agreement sometimes it is not. Without knowing specifics of that situation, I can't say anything for sure, but it's hard for me to imagine him going to jail because of the wine being in the house.

Your mom should not have the wine in front of him, I'd agree, out with friends or whatever. The temptation is one thing, however, your brother is an adult (or close enough to it) he should have some self control and be able to take responsibility for his actions and be able to control the desire to have a drink. Ultimately, if he tests positive for something he shouldn't have, he's going to get arrested because it's very doubtful that someone forced him to. Yes, I do realize the in's and out's of addiction, but you know as well as I know that the cops would still arrest him.

Speaking of people being arrested I got dispatched to a domestic violence call on post, guy going to slam his girlfriend into a washing machine. **** like that makes my blood boil.