Music Banter - View Single Post - Share Your PC Setup / Rig / Desk / etc
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 08:19 PM   #33 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
I'm not really sure where to ask this, so I'll just post it here. I'm looking to get either a laptop or a desktop which can play most high end games perfectly. Do I really need a top of the line graphics card etc. to play these? Or will I need to fork out more?
Desktop would be better suited, much easier to swap out parts. If you just want to game at 1080p on high settings you're probably going to want to look at a GTX 960 which is about 140 quid. That said though you'll probably want at least an i5 processor like the 4590 which is roughly around 130 pounds. From there it's just figuring out the best motherboard, case, PSU (probably something at least 750 watt), cooling, RAM, peripherals and operating system.

You can buy pre-built but you will be paying more, but there are some stores that will let you buy the parts and then they will build it for you. I'd recommend checking out Pick Parts, Build Your PC, Compare and Share - PCPartPicker, it lets you make PCs and will tell you if there are any conflicts. You can also look at mitigating costs by going AMD but I've never had any experience with either their CPUs or GPUs but a number of people do use them. The biggest problem is one company or another gets in bed with a game dev and they get the better drivers first.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote