Music Banter - View Single Post - Experimental Music on Spotify Worth Checking Out
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 07:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

CARLES SANTOS- VOICETRACKS (1981)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carles_Santos

Quote:
In 1961, he began his career as a pianist, with a repertoire that included works by Béla Bartók, Arnold Schönberg, and Anton Webern. During these years, he also played the musical parts of Joan Brossa's Concert Irregular, which premiered in Barcelona and New York as part of the commemoration of the 75th birthday of Joan Miró. A grant awarded by the Juan March Foundation in 1968 allowed Santos to move to the United States, where he met and worked with a number of avant-garde artists, principally Philip Corner and including John Cage.

His compositions are decidedly minimalistic and at the same time bear the stamp of romantic, traditional Spanish, atonal, and 12-tone music.
Since I can't find any professional reviews of this record I'll give it a quick description. The Spotify version is obviously recorded off vinyl, unless the pops and cracks were a part of the original composition. As the titles implies, these are A Capella tracks. Obviously, I encourage you to dig it up and hear for yourself.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote