Music Banter - View Single Post - Blood and Diamonds: A High Energy Story
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 08:02 AM   #32 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Now, back to the main story. Here's a fun and cheesy Hi-NRG song that will destroy you with the power of crazy bleached 1980s wigs!

Chapter Eighteen

Tensions had been mounting between the aliens and the Blue Shirts the past few days, and a conflict seemed inevitable. The aliens were correct in their assessment of the Blue Shirts, who broke their promise to focus on providing resources after receiving a large amount of guns. In somewhat of a retaliation, shortly after Retix's late night walk with Luke, the aliens forced the Blue Shirt lieutenants who were "guarding" them out of the apartment, and began rebuilding the assassin Sam to act as their agent. As the Blue Shirts provided less and less resources to their allies, and the aliens sent a bionic former Blue Shirt into the field, both sides expected a battle in the days to come. Of course, the Blue Shirts planned to take the offensive and wipe the aliens out as soon as possible, however, they were stripped of whatever level of surprise such an attack might have had after Sam learned of their plans. And yet, even though the aliens were now certain that the Blue Shirts were coming to kill them, they didn't appear to be worried in the slightest, and seemed to take few precautions to protect themselves. The majority of the aliens simply continued to work on the device, while Retix and Heyt began a small project on the side. Meanwhile, The Boss of the Blue Shirts was taking care of business as usual, unaware that his plans had been discovered by the aliens...

The Boss was sitting at his desk, filling a piece of paper with random notes and scribbles as he talked to a Blue Shirt lieutenant. "Anyway," spoke the lieutenant after taking a drag from his cigarette, "she fucked me over. Didn't even tell me he was mine until I forced the truth out of her. After that, I had to get him back. He's my son, you know? So I... well, I already told you 'bout that. Pretty messy, I know, but I had to do it. I didn't have a choice. I don't like to get my hands too dirty if I can help it, especially not after you've ordered us all to not draw attention to ourselves while we get ready to make our move, but after she called in that fuckin' bouncer boy toy of hers to take me out, I had to finish things off for good. And I did. Now, I've got a son, but... I mean, I have no way of taking care of him. I try, but an old gangster like me can only do so much. Also, breast milk is expensive as fuck." The Boss raised a hand, and replied "It's fine. Admittedly, this isn't the most common problem that I have to deal with... usually, gangsters are more concerned with getting away from their children rather than taking care of them. But it does happen from time to time, and we have a method for dealing with such issues. In fact, I personally had to deal with this same problem myself, some time ago." "What do you mean? You have children?" asked the lieutenant, who was a little taken aback by the notion of The Boss having a family. The Boss smiled, and replied "Just one child. A son." The lieutenant laughed and tilted his head to the side, saying "Well, congrats. Here's hoping he grows up to be a badass. Who knows, he might even take over for you some day, right?" The Boss looked down, before continuing. "Anyway," he said, "there's a certain building near the edge of our territory. It's a brothel. I have an arrangement with the owner; the women there take care of the children that I send to them, in exchange for protection. They're taken well care of, and, obviously, they're kept far away from the building's business transactions, so you needn't worry about that." "A brothel? You're joking, right?" asked the lieutenant. The Boss smiled, and replied "Don't worry. They take very good care of their charges. It's not quite the roach motel you're probably imagining. In reality, it's a place that is kept fairly well hidden from the public, as well as other gangs, catering almost exclusively to high profile clients who desire quality as well as discretion. You have nothing to worry about." "Well, if you say so," replied the lieutenant, putting out his cigarette on the nearby ashtray, "but I have some questions. How long would they be willing to take care of him, and how often could I see him while he's in their care?"

Just then, the door to the office opened, and a man quickly entered. It was a Blue Shirt lieutenant, and he was covered with injuries. "What the fuck?" asked the lieutenant who was sitting down. The wounded lieutenant ignored him, and stammered "Boss... Sam is alive, and she's working with the aliens. They've done something to her, made her insanely strong, and now she doesn't give two fucks about us. She crashed the deal we were making with the rogue HE53, and completely wrecked everything..." The Boss raised a hand and gestured for him to stop, saying "Relax. I already know that Sam is alive once again. After the aliens kicked my lieutenants out, I made sure to have eyes on them at all times. This morning, when Sam left their apartment, my scout informed me. Still, while I was curious as to why and how they revived her, I didn't expect her to betray me, after all that I and the Blue Shirts have done for her. Are you sure that she's no longer loyal to us?" The lieutenant nodded. The Boss looked at him intently and asked "You're completely certain?", to which the lieutenant nodded once again, saying "Positive. She's the one who kicked the shit out of me. She said they stuck some device in her to keep her on their side, but... it seems like that's not the only reason she's fighting for them. I get the feeling that even if she didn't have the device in her, she'd still be on their side." The Boss sat down in his chair, and cleared his nose. "That's a shame. I expected so much more from Sam, though she always was a bit unpredictable. I suppose her usefulness was going to come to an end eventually. Anyway, it would now seem that the aliens are determined to make the first move. I suspected that they might turn on us, but I didn't expect them to do it so soon. Regardless, I was planning on removing them anyway, as you well know, so I suppose that the only real difference is that I now have violent provocation to add to my list of motives." "No," replied the injured lieutenant, "you can't attack them. They know you're coming. I told Sam about our plans to kill the aliens, before she turned on me. They're probably waiting to ambush you." The Boss picked up a pencil and started to twirl it in his fingers, saying "Well, that doesn't necessarily change things. We still have to attack the aliens, before they have the chance to attack us. But... you're right. They were already distrustful of us before, and now that they know for certain that we're coming to kill them, who knows what kind of nasty surprises we'll find waiting for us in that apartment? They probably expect us to come charging in like a bunch of fools, begging to be slaughtered, but I won't oblige them. We'll wait, until the proper moment comes."

"Fuck that," said the lieutenant who was sitting down. "We can't just sit on our asses and wait for them to hit us first. It doesn't matter what kind of toys they have up in that apartment. All we need is one of Leroy's bombs. Put it outside the door, set it, walk away, and boom, no more aliens." The injured lieutenant shook his head, saying "Oh, come on. A fucking bomb, man? When the time comes to make our move, I say we just gather up a warparty and take care of things the old fashioned way. I mean, we've got way more manpower than they do, and we even have those fancy alien rifles, which i'm sure are more than capable of blasting those fuckers to pieces." The Boss rubbed his forehead, and said "No. A bomb would cause too much collateral damage, and would attract far too much attention to our territory. We'd have the cops and the media focused on our territory and activity. I've also already stationed men at the borders, ordering them to hit the neighboring gangs when I've given the signal. We've waited for this moment for far too long, and i'm not about to stay on the down low for a month because I couldn't solve a problem without blowing it up. We need to hit the other gangs hard, taking them out as quickly as possible, and restoring order in our newly expanded borders before the cops have a chance to put the pieces together, so naturally I can't have them watching us in the meantime." "What about my plan? We could use the aliens' own weapons against them," said the injured lieutenant. The Boss put a hand to his chin and thought for a moment, before replying "Maybe. Our numbers are our greatest advantage, and these new weapons would give us a huge edge. It just seems too easy, though. The aliens are incredibly intelligent, as well as very distrustful of us. Would they really be so foolish as to hand us the means to kill them without being prepared for us? They must have something planned, and i'm not about to let them outsmart me... No, I think I'll bide my time. For now, I'll send more scouts to keep tabs on them. And it's not going to be enough to have just one or two men watching the front door; I need someone to finally be able to see what's going on in that apartment. After I know what they're doing, then I'll make my move."
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------

Last edited by Oriphiel; 12-21-2015 at 10:58 AM.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote