Music Banter - View Single Post - A Creative Writing Competition
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 01:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
I hate writing, I'm bad at it, and often very short winded. I can send you my short story fairy tale inversion of Little Red Riding Hood based on the lyrics of the Florence and the Machine album Lungs. I hate the way it turned out, I had tons of ideas that I couldn't get out of my head onto paper, but I'm willing to send it to you. It was a project for my fairy tale class last semester.
Sounds cool, but now that you've told us the synopsis, everyone will know which story is yours when the voting starts.

But then again, I guess it doesn't really matter all that much whether it's anonymous or not. As long as people participate and have a good time, it'd be worth it either way. So yeah, if more people decide to join and this contest actually starts to happen, I'd love to get your short story in the mix. Also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
I'm just a shitty writer.
^ This is simply not true. Everyone has their own level of pacing and focus. Even if you find it difficult to sit down and write something long, it doesn't mean you're a "shitty writer". Like I said to someone else on MB recently, as long as you go at your own pace and have fun with it, people will pick up on that energy and probably have fun with it too.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------

Last edited by Oriphiel; 08-08-2015 at 01:35 PM.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote