Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 09:40 AM   #1466 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default An update, just not the one you all wanted...

If there's one thing I've learned over the last year or so, it's to recognise my own limitations and when something begins to overwhelm me, to walk away from it, at least temporarily. This is what I did with this thread, as it became probably obvious to everyone reading it that I was losing interest. My journals were also suffering, and it was beginning to look more like the "w" word, so I called time on it.

I had intended, as you saw from my previous posts, to resurrect it soon, but find now that more or less as expected, the research and work involved in getting Metal Month III going is taking up most of my time, and if I tried to crowbar this back in it would be a futile effort. My heart would not be in it, and that's not fair or you or on me.

So this won't reopen until after Metal Month, in October, or possibly slightly before but certainly not for at least two months. What I will do in the meantime is I will choose random days when I will reopen recs, and for a random amount of hours. Anyone who posts on that day and within the timeframe will have their recs added, anyone who misses it will have to watch the thread for the next opportunity.

Why am I doing this? Why should you care? Well, I want to retain some interest in the thread, I want to allow you all a chance to throw recs at me, even if I won't get to them for a few months, and I want to make sure the thread does not disappear over the course of two or three months before I have the chance to get back to it properly.

I'm picking today as the first random day, and recs will be open for nine hours from now. Rounding up, that means they will close at 2AM tomorrow Irish time, it now being 4:35 AM or thereabouts.

So if you want to throw recs, do it now. Otherwise it will be a random day next week before you have another chance.

Apologies to those of you (esp bob!) who are patiently waiting to see what I think of your recs, but I'd rather take my time and do it right, give them the attention they deserve, than auto-pilot through them. I think you all deserve that much at least.

Thanks and see you next week some day!