Music Banter - View Single Post - aux-in's Collection: [The Electronic Continuum]
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 05:29 PM   #31 (permalink)
Aux-In
Wrinkled Magazine

I'm working on two album reviews at the moment and I hope to get them up soon, but here's something I want to drop, as it's one of my favorites.

Zedd - "Stars Come Out" [Terravita Remix]

Original production by Zedd, who I've already mentioned. If you haven't heard of him from his music, you may have heard his named dropped from having dated Selena Gomez, if one is so inclined to care about such juicy gossip. Heather Bright on vocals again, and Terravita does a good job in keeping up with a good melody while incorporating dubstep sounds. Huge tune.

This was released on the label Dim Mak Records, which is the label founded by Steve Aoki in 1996 when he was a 19-year-old college student. Dim Mak started out with indie rock, but they started incorporating EDM into their roster in about 2009. They have a lot of good artists that make unique and listenable songs; a handful of good, quality songs on my master list are from them. Say what you want about Aoki -- he's a big cheese ball, and I only have one song by him so far that I've enjoyed -- but I gained respect for him when he said in an interview that electronic music is the new punk, in essence. He also mentioned that he's always seeking fresh sounds. I tend to agree with his points.

"All over a bowl of bitter beans."

Last edited by Aux-In; 06-24-2020 at 09:12 AM.
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote