Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You listening To V.III Metal!
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 07:31 AM   #2564 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
The did channel Metallica, which was a mistake. I tell my older brother all of the time how I think Trivium has been cranking out better music than Metallica has released the past, eight years maybe? I might be stretching how good Trivium is with that, but that's what I think.
I'd rather listen to plenty of Trivium than I would anything Metallica has released since AJFA. Shogun is certainly a better album than anything from The Black Album on.

Quote:
Katatonia? I started listening to them just a little before they released The Great Cold Distance (stellar album.) I for one think Katatonia got better as they go on. They may not be Death Metal anymore, but they're still great.

I haven't heard much from My Dying Bride. I'll check them out.
I'm just not a fan of their alt metal/doom rock/whatever sound. I don't dig gothic doom all that much anyway, so when they throw out the metal I'm just left with the aspect of their sound I didn't really like in the first place.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote